I have received some questions concerning our previous post about the Quilted Moose Red and White Quilt Challenge. If one person asks a question, that usually means there are several others with that same question. So, I hope the following will add some clarity.
First, I want everyone to understand that we are using the “KISS” rule for this quilt challenge. You know “KISS”….Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
Here are the “KISS” rules for the Red and White Quilt Challenge:
- Rule #1 – The fabrics in the quilt must be red and white and/or red and cream/tan (no other) colors.
- Rule #2 – Your quilt must be a finished quilt; ie quilted with binding attached.
- Rule #3 – Additional requirement as of 4/16/2018: Minimum quilt size of 24″ x 24″ square.
- Rule #4 – Include a label on the back of the quilt with the name of the quilt, the quilt designer and your name.
- Rule #5 – The design may be your own original design or a pattern by another designer.
- Rule #6 – The quilt must be completed by October 1, 2018. Clarification: If you have a red and white quilt that you have already made and it fits the above requirements; you can submit your quilt. We are not setting any rules for the time frame of when your quilt needs to be made.
- Rule #7 – The ‘quilt police’ will not be present at this quilt show/reveal. The quilts will NOT be judged, but some prizes will be given. 🙂
If you review the previous post on our blog for the Red and White Challenge you will see that the only additional rule that I have added is Rule #3. I have tried to add clarification to any of the other requirements that were posted previously.
I also had this question: “Where can I find the pattern for the red and cream quilt you posted on the blog? I need that pattern!”. That was a sampler quilt I made a few years ago, it was constructed with 6″ finished blocks, most are pieced, a few are appliquéd. Do you own the book, “501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks” by Judy Hopkins, published by Martingale & Company? This is a fabulous book with instructions for blocks in multiple sizes, many ranging from 4″ to 14″ blocks. You can design your own sampler quilt! With any block size and finished quilt size you desire. We carry this book at the Moose, let me know if you would like to order, $29.95 + $6.95 shipping.
I want this to be fun for everyone! That is why I am applying the “KISS” rules for the Red and White Challenge! Please let me know if you have any other questions.